You may replace a lost or stolen passport by providing the documents listed below. Passports reported lost or stolen are invalidated and can no longer be used for travel. We highly recommend that you fill out the required forms online and print them before coming into the U.S. Consulate General.
To renew your lost or stolen passport, please make an appointment using our online appointment system. If you lose your passport in transit through Dubai and have an emergency need to travel, you may contact us after 8:00am on the next business day to request an expedited appointment.
Requirements to replace a lost or stolen passport:
- Applicant (or child and both parents) must appear in person
- Original police report from the country where the passport was lost or stolen (with English translation if applicable) and one copy – (NOTE: a final police report in Dubai is only given after obtaining stamps from the Dubai Courts, Dubai Prosecution, and Dubai Immigration).
- Proof of U.S. citizenship and/or identity (e.g., passport copy, valid UAE or U.S. driver’s license, government-issued photo ID, etc.) and one copy
- If under age 16: original birth certificate and both parents’ valid passports and one copy of each
- DS-11 passport form (fill out online and print) Please note:You must provide a Social Security number, if you have been issued one, in accordance with 22 U.S.C. 2714a and 22 C.F.R 51.60(f). If you do not have a Social Security number, you must submit a signed statement including the phrase, “I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the following is true and correct: I have never been issued a Social Security Number by the Social Security Administration.”For more information, please see Frequently Asked Questions.
- DS-64 Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport (fill out online and print).
- 1 passport photo (PDF 45 KB) – *Starting November 1 2016, eye glasses will no longer be allowed in passport photos.
- Fees: 388 AED (for applicants under age 16), 498 AED (for applicants age 16 and over), payable in cash or by credit card. Some of the credit/debit cards are not accepted by the system.