Applicants must personally appear at the U.S. Consulate for all passport services. We highly recommend that you follow the links below to fill out the required forms online and print them before coming into the U.S. Consulate. To apply for a passport, please make an appointment on our online appointment system for our Embassy in Abu Dhabi OR our Consulate General in Dubai and bring the required documents listed below to your appointment. The Consulate requests that applicants present original documents along with accompanying photocopies of all the original documents when submitting their application. The Consulate will charge AED 4.00 per copy.
If you are applying for a passport for a child under age 16, both parents and the child must be present unless one parent presents an original court order for sole custody, a death certificate for the other parent, or a notarized Statement of Consent or Special Circumstances from the absent parent.
For babies born in Dubai and the Northern Emirates, please see Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA) for requirements and fees.
Requirements for first time applicants:
- Primary Evidence of U.S. Citizenship (photocopies and notarized copies are not acceptable):
- U.S. birth certificate or Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA)
- Naturalization certificate or Certificate of Citizenship
- Proof that both parents are U.S. citizens or that one U.S. citizen parent lived in the U.S. for the required period)
- A photocopy of the front and back of each ID document that you will present when you apply.
- Proof of identity (photocopies and notarized copies are not acceptable):
- Other passport, if any
- Naturalization certificate
- Valid driver’s license
- Current government ID (city, state, or federal)
- Current military ID (military and dependents)
- Supporting identification documents (photos, school transcripts, etc.)
- Other passport, if any
- DS-11 passport form (fill out online and print) Please note:You must provide a Social Security number, if you have been issued one, in accordance with 22 U.S.C. 2714a and 22 C.F.R 51.60(f).If you do not have a Social Security number, you must submit a signed statement including the phrase, “I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the following is true and correct: I have never been issued a Social Security Number by the Social Security Administration.”For more information, please see Frequently Asked Questions.
- If applicant is under 16, both parents and the child must be present unless one parent presents an original court order for sole custody, a death certificate for the other parent, or a notarized Statement of Consent or Special Circumstances from the absent parent
- 1 passport photo (PDF 45 KB) – *Starting November 1 2016, eye glasses will no longer be allowed in passport photos.
- Fees: 387 AED (if under age 16), 497AED (if age 16+), payable in cash or by credit card. Some of the credit/debit cards are not accepted by the system.