Please bring the following to your appointment. Note that failure to appear with ALL required documentation listed below will render us unable to serve you; you will need to schedule a new appointment at a later date:
- Passport Application (Form DS-82 or Form DS-11).
- Complete the form in full (list your local physical address for the mailing address although the passport will not be mailed) and sign it online to complete and print.
- Recent 2×2 photograph. Click here for criteria of an acceptable photo. Incorrect photos will not be accepted.
- Your current passport and 1 photocopy of the biographic page(s) and any amendments.
- For applicants aged 16 or 17 years old:
- Original birth certificate and 1 photocopy of the birth certificate
- At least one parent or guardian must accompany 16 and 17 year old applicants to the appointment.
Fees: The fee for an adult passport renewal (DS-82) is US $145 or the equivalent in UAE dirhams. For DS-11 applications, an execution fee of US $35 will be added to the cost of the renewal. This is payable in US dollars or dirhams, in cash or by credit card. Note that some credit/debit cards are not accepted by our system.
SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER
Applicants must have and provide a Social Security Number (SSN) to complete the passport application. If you lost your SSN, please apply for a replacement SSN card via the US Embassy in Rome, Italy (https://ae.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/social-security/). The U.S. Embassy Abu Dhabi cannot obtain the number on your behalf.
If you never had or received a SSN, please sign and submit with your passport application the below affidavit, which attests that you never had a SSN.
If you have previously applied for a social security number and never received it or it was lost in the mail, please sign and submit the affidavit stating you were never issued a SSN.