Please bring the following to your appointment. Note that failure to appear with ALL required documentation listed below will render us unable to serve you; you will need to schedule a new appointment at a later date:
- Passport Application (Form DS-82 or Form DS-11).
- Complete the form in full (list your local physical address for the mailing address although the passport will not be mailed) and sign it online to complete and print.
- Recent 2×2 photograph. Click here for criteria of an acceptable photo. Incorrect photos will not be accepted.
- Your current passport and 1 photocopy of the biographic page(s) and any amendments.
- For applicants aged 16 or 17 years old:
- Original birth certificate and 1 photocopy of the birth certificate
- At least one parent or guardian must accompany 16 and 17 year old applicants to the appointment.
Fees: The fee for an adult passport renewal (DS-82) is US $145 or the equivalent in UAE dirhams. For DS-11 applications, an execution fee of US $35 will be added to the cost of the renewal. This is payable in US dollars or dirhams, in cash or by credit card. Effective April 1, 2021, the Consular Section will use the U.S. Dollar to UAE Dirham exchange rate of $1 USD to 3.70 Emirati Dirhams (formerly $1 USD to 3.69 AED). The consular cashier accepts payments in USD or AED via cash or credit card. For a list of passport fees, see this link.
SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER
Applicants must have and provide a Social Security Number (SSN) to complete the passport application. If you lost your SSN, please apply for a replacement SSN card via the US Embassy in Rome, Italy (https://ae.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/social-security/). The U.S. Embassy Abu Dhabi cannot obtain the number on your behalf.
If you never had or received a SSN, please sign and submit with your passport application the below affidavit, which attests that you never had a SSN.
If you have previously applied for a social security number and never received it or it was lost in the mail, please sign and submit the affidavit stating you were never issued a SSN.