On the final page of the Passport Wizard, you will see the options “Complete by Hand” and “Form Filler.” Applicants should use the “Form Filler” option. The Form Filler will collect your information online and automatically create a PDF that you must print and bring to your appointment. Once you have filled out the application online and printed a copy, you can make a passport renewal appointment here.
If you are unable to attend your appointment, please cancel it here
Applicants who do not use the Form Filler tool may experience delays in receiving their passports.
Tips for using the Form Filler tool:
– Some versions of Internet Explore have difficulty with Form Filler. Google Chrome is a supported browser.
– Form Filler will begin as a form DS-11 by default, but it will generate a PDF of the correct form at the end (DS-11, DS-82, DS-5504, etc.) based on your responses.
– Please insure you enter your email address on the application form correctly. The consulate will use this address to notify you when your passport is ready for collection.
– For the question “was your most recent passport book limited for two years or less?” only select “yes” if the passport you are renewing was an emergency passport issued by a consulate or embassy overseas. If the passport you are renewing was limited to two or four years because it is a second passport, select “no.”
– Expedited service and overnight delivery are not available overseas. Selecting these will have no effect on the processing of your application or the fee you are charged at your interview.
– To submit your application on the final page, scroll to the bottom, check the box for acknowledgement, and click the blue “Create Form” button. This will generate the PDF that you must print and bring to your appointment.
The current processing time for passport renewal is 2 to 3 weeks. Applicants are allowed to keep their current passports during the processing period.
New born babies
Renew a Passport
Exchange a Limited Validity Passport for Full Validity
If you were issued an emergency, limited-validity passport at a U.S Embassy or Consulate because you had urgent need of travel, you should apply to renew this passport for a full-validity passport as soon as possible.
You may renew your passport by mail if your most recent U.S. passport meets all of the following requirements:
Was issued less than 12 months ago (even if the passport is now expired); and
Does not have any endorsement on page 11 stating “A full validity passport must be approved by the Department of State”.
If you DO NOT meet the above requirements, please follow the instructions here
2- Required Documents
You are required to furnish the following:
- Your limited validity passport U.S. passport;
- One photograph (Photo must be 2”x 2” (5 x 5 cm) SQUARE, recent (taken in the last 6 months ), No Glasses, Natural facial expression, and on photo quality paper with a white background.** Ask forUSA passport photo size. Applications with the incorrect photo will not be accepted. **For more information regarding passport photos, please visit the Department of State website
- Form DS-5504. Before you begin, see our YouTube video for instructions on completing the form. Complete the form online, print and sign it. Please DO NOT mail the form to the United States.
Incomplete or incorrectly completed applications will be returned unprocessed.
Your photo is a vital part of your passport application. To learn more, review the information below on how to provide a suitable photo to avoid passport processing delays. The acceptance of your photo is always at the discretion of the U.S. passport agency.We recommend you use a professional passport photo service to ensure your photo meets all the requirements.Note: Photos must be 2″x2″ in size with a background that is uniform, plain and white, and free of shadows.
If you are applying for a U.S. Passport, you must provide one (1) photo. Your passport photo must be:
- In color
- Printed on photo quality paper
- 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size
- Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (between 25 and 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head. View the Photo Composition Template for more size requirement details.
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis:
- Uniforms should not be worn in your photo, except religious clothing that is worn daily.
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline, unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device or similar articles, they may be worn for your photo.
- Dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons (a medical certificate may be required)
- Glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo. Glare can be avoided with a slight downward tilt of the glasses or by removing the glasses or by turning off the camera flash.
Review the Photo Examples to see examples of acceptable and unacceptable photos. Photos copied or digitally scanned from driver’s licenses or other official documents are not acceptable. In addition, snapshots, magazine photos, low quality vending machine or mobile phone photos, and full-length photographs are not acceptable.
There is no fee for this service if the Emergency passport was issued less than 12 months ago (even if the passport is now expired).