CRBA in Dubai

The Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) is an official record confirming that a child born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent or parents acquired U.S. citizenship at birth and serves as proof of citizenship. This should be reported to the Embassy or Consulate where the birth occurred as soon as possible.

The Consulate in Dubai can only issue a CRBA for a child born within its consular district: Dubai, Sharjah, Ras al Khaimah, Fujeirah, Umm al Quwain and Ajman.

We may accept CRBA applications for children born outside the UAE and forward it to the appropriate Embassy or Consulate for processing. And for such cases, the process can take approximately 2-3 months.

Application Requirements:

* Mother, father, and applying child must appear in person.

The following original documents are required with English translations (done by a registered translation company), if applicable.

* Completed (but not signed) DS-2029 – Application for Consular Report of Birth Abroad

* The child’s original birth certificate and one photocopy.

* The parents’ original marriage certificate and one photocopy.

* Original passports of both parents and one photocopy of each.

Create online and print form DS-11 (if applying for a passport) and provide one passport photo that meets the specifications detailed here.  Applications will be rejected if the passport photo does not meet these specifications.

* Original naturalization certificate(s) of U.S. citizen parent(s) and one photocopy, if applicable.

* Original divorce decree(s) and one photocopy, if applicable.

* Original death certificate(s) for parent(s) and one photocopy, if applicable

* If only one parent was a U.S. citizen at the time of the child’s birth:

– Bring documentation that clearly demonstrates that the U.S. citizen parent was physically present in the United States for at least five years (two years after the age of 14) prior to the child’s birth. Even if you have already presented such documentation as part of the naturalization process, you must still prove your physical presence to the consular officer at the time of your CRBA application submission. The most easily obtained and reliable documents to prove U.S. presence are academic transcripts, W2s from employment in the U.S., and passports showing entry/exit stamps, though you may bring any documents you wish. If you have previously documented the birth of an older child, their CRBA may be provided as evidence that you have met the physical presence requirement.

To schedule an appointment to submit your application for a CRBA please use the online scheduling system.