Welcome to U.S. Citizen Services at the U.S. Embassy Abu Dhabi. We provide information and assistance to U.S. Citizens in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain. If you are a resident or visitor in Dubai and the Northern Emirates, please contact the Consulate General in Dubai.
U.S. Citizen Services at the Embassy in Abu Dhabi offers a full range of services from including passport, citizenship and notarial services. The unit also assists U.S. Citizens in an event of an emergency such as death, arrest, illness, injury, missing persons, destitution and other circumstances. For general information on the type of services provided, please refer to the State Department’s website for travelers.
In the event of an emergency that threatens the health or safety of a U.S. citizen, the Embassy and Consulate General stand ready to assist 24 hours a day. Click here for the Embassy’s contact information.
What the U.S. Embassy cannot do:
Although we try to help American citizens in a wide range of situations, we cannot:
- Help you enter a country, for example, if you don’t have a visa or your passport is not valid;
- Give you legal advice, investigate a crime or carry out searches for missing people, although we can give you details of people who may be able to help you in these cases, such as English-speaking lawyers;
- Get you better treatment in hospital or prison than is given to local people;
- Pay any bills or give you money (in very exceptional circumstances we may lend you some money from public funds, which you’ll have to pay back)
- Make travel arrangements for you, or find you work or accommodation;
- Make business arrangements on your behalf;
All consular fees may be paid in U.S. dollars, UAE dirham, or by major credit card.
For general information on traveling and living abroad, please visit the U.S. Department of State’s comprehensive travel website – travel.state.gov. For information on living in or visiting the United Arab Emirates, please review the Department of State’s Country Specific Information from the UAE.
ATTENTION: Visitors are prohibited from bringing laptop computers and other larger electronic devices into the U.S. Embassy in Abu Dhabi and the U.S. Consulate in Dubai. Storage is unavailable for these items, and applicants may not enter until they have returned without the items, which may cause the applicant to miss their scheduled appointment. A large electronic device is considered any electronic item larger than a mobile phone.