U.S. Citizen Message: U.S. Embassy Abu Dhabi and U.S. Consulate General Dubai (May 7, 2020)
Potential scam using U.S. Embassy information: Be advised of unauthorized entities using U.S. Embassy Abu Dhabi’s name, logo, or phone number. If you are contacted by someone claiming to be from the Embassy without a “@state.gov” email address, please contact DS_RSOABU_DHABI@state.gov immediately. For more information please click here.
Limited flight options to the U.S. via Europe and Asia: Emirates and Etihad airlines continue to operate a limited number of departing passenger flights. Contact the airlines directly to make your reservation. For additional information, click here. Passengers traveling to the U.S. via a transit stop must show their onward ticket to the U.S. in order to board aircraft in the UAE.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in STEP at https://step.state.gov to receive alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Confirm the validity of your travel documents, including passports and visas.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date COVID-19 information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the UAE.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Check with your airlines regarding information about your travel plans or restrictions.
U.S. Embassy Abu Dhabi
Embassies District, Plot 38, Sector W59-02, Street No. 4
+971 2 414 2200
U.S. Consulate General Dubai
Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed and Al Seef Streets
+971 4 309 4000
State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444