Travel Advisory: U.S. Embassy Abu Dhabi and U.S. Consulate General Dubai (August 9, 2020)
United Arab Emirates – Level 3: Reconsider Travel
Reconsider travel to the United Arab Emirates due to COVID-19.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for the United Arab Emirates due to COVID-19.
The United Arab Emirates has lifted stay at home orders and resumed some transportation options and business operations. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in the United Arab Emirates.
Due to risks to civil aviation operating within the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman region, including the United Arab Emirates, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has issued an advisory Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) and/or a Special Federal Aviation Regulation (SFAR). For more information, U.S. citizens should consult the Federal Aviation Administration’s Prohibitions, Restrictions and Notices.
If you decide to travel to the UAE:
- Visit the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Review the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for the UAE.
- Review the Traveler’s Checklist. U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations.
U.S. Embassy Abu Dhabi
Embassies District, Plot 38, Sector W59-02, Street No. 4
+971 2 414 2200
U.S. Consulate General Dubai
Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed and Al Seef Streets
+971 4 309 4000