The U.S. Consulate General in Dubai suggests that U.S. citizens avoid the area of the fire at The Address Hotel, near the Dubai Mall. We urge U.S. citizens to obey any instructions of the Dubai police and other first responders on the scene.
We reiterate our security message of November 22, which stated that U.S. citizens are strongly encouraged to maintain a high level of vigilance, be aware of local events, and take appropriate steps to bolster their personal security.
For additional information, we refer you to local UAE authorities. We advise you to monitor the media and follow any instructions of local authorities. Dubai Police (English speaking operator) non-emergency number: 04-269-4848 (dialing from the U.S. 011-971-4-269-4848).
U.S. Consulate General Dubai is presently seeking information as to whether any U.S. citizens were among those injured.
If you receive this message and are not in need of emergency assistance, we encourage you to contact your loved ones to let them know that you are okay. If you use social media, please also consider updating your status so your friends and connections also know to not worry about your welfare.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings and Travel Alerts, and United Arab Emirates Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General in Dubai, located at the corner of Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed and Al Seef Streets on the Dubai Creek in Bur Dubai. The telephone number is (971) (4) 309-4000. For after-hours emergencies involving U.S. citizens in Dubai, contact the Duty Officer at (971)(4) 309-4000.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Abu Dhabi, located at Embassies District, Plot 38, Sector W59-02, Street No. 4, and P.O. Box 4009. The telephone number is (971) (2) 414-2200. For after-hours emergencies in Abu Dhabi, contact the Duty Officer at (971) (2) 414-2200.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202- 501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.