Security Notice: Message for U.S. Citizens – October 27, 2023
On October 19, 2023, the U.S. Department of State issued a Worldwide Caution, advising U.S. citizens overseas to exercise increased caution and noting heightened tensions in various locations around the world due to the potential for terrorist attacks, demonstrations, or violent actions against U.S. citizens and interests.
The U.S. Mission to the United Arab Emirates continues to closely monitor the security environment throughout the region. While we are not aware of specific, credible threats against private U.S. citizens in the UAE, there has been an increase in threatening rhetoric online in the region. We advise citizens to continue exercising caution and to maintain personal security awareness.
As a reminder, the Department of State’s Travel Advisory for the UAE remains at Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution due to the threat of missile or drone attacks and terrorism. Additional information for U.S. citizens about security and safety in the UAE is available at travel.state.gov. Conditions may change at any time.
Actions to Take:
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Do not draw attention to yourself.
- Review your personal security plans.
For further travel and security information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Alerts, and UAE Country Specific Information .
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- In Abu Dhabi, contact the U.S. Embassy at ACSAbuDhabi@state.gov. The Embassy is located at Embassies District, Plot 38, Sector W59-02, Street No. 4, Abu Dhabi, UAE. The emergency number for U.S. citizens is +971 (0) 2 414 2200.
- If elsewhere in the UAE, contact the U.S. Consulate General in Dubai at DubaiACS@state.gov. The Consulate General is located at the corner of Al Seef Rd. and Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Road, Dubai, UAE. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +971 (4) 309 4000.
- Information for U.S. citizens currently in Israel, the West Bank, Gaza, or Lebanon is available at travel.state.gov.