On Wednesday, January 10, 2018, the Department of State will make changes to our safety and security information to make it easier to find, understand, and use.
Travel Advisories will replace Travel Warnings and Travel Alerts. Every country will have a Travel Advisory, which will provide one of four standard levels of advice. The Travel Advisory will give an explanation for the level and include clear actions U.S. citizens should take.
Alerts will replace Security Messages and Emergency Messages. Alerts follow an easy-to-understand format with clear actions U.S. citizens should take.
U.S. citizens who have signed up to receive updates via the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP.state.gov) will automatically receive the UAE Travel Advisory and Alerts via email in the weeks following the January 10 launch. They will continue to receive other messages as usual, including announcements related to voting, town halls, and administrative issues.
For more information about improvements to our safety and security information and to sign-up to receive a notification on launch date, visit http://travel.state.gov/travelsafely.
For further information:
- See the Department of State’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Abu Dhabi, located at Embassies District, Plot 38, Sector W59-02, Street No. 4, and P.O. Box 4009 or AbuDhabiACS@state.gov. The telephone number is (971) (2) 414-2200. For after-hours emergencies in Abu Dhabi, contact the Duty Officer at (971) (2) 414-2200.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General in Dubai, located at the corner of Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed and Al Seef Streets on the Dubai Creek in Bur Dubai or DubaiACS@state.gov. The telephone number is (971) (4) 309-4000. For after-hours emergencies involving U.S. citizens in Dubai, contact the Duty Officer at (971)(4) 309-4000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.