Message to U.S. Citizens – U. S. Mission Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Location: United Arab Emirates, countrywide
Event: The United Arab Emirates changed its standard work week to Monday through Friday effective January 1, 2022, and the U.S. Embassy in Abu Dhabi and the U.S. Consulate in Dubai adopted the updated work week. The U.S. Embassy in Abu Dhabi and U.S. Consulate in Dubai now are open Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Anyone with scheduled consular services will be notified if their appointment date or time is changed as a result of the Monday through Friday work week.
Actions to Take:
- All U.S. citizens should enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the United Arab Emirates.
- Refer to our website for the latest Alerts and Messages for U.S. citizens.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information related to COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Abu Dhabi
Embassies District, Plot 38, Sector W59-02, Street No. 4
+971 2 414 2200
- U.S. Consulate General Dubai
Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed and Al Seef Streets
+971 4 309 4000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- UAE Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter