Message to U.S. Citizens – Travel to the United Arab Emirates During the World Cup in Qatar
The World Cup in Doha, Qatar will run November 20 – December 18. If you are traveling to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) or transiting UAE en route to Qatar during the World Cup, please see the following important reminders:
· Make sure your passport has at least six months validity remaining before you travel. You will not be able to enter the UAE if your passport is set to expire within six months of your arrival in the UAE. You should carry a copy of the passport with you while are in the UAE. If you are traveling on an Emergency Passport, please apply for a visa before you travel.
· Enroll in or update your trip information in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) for safety reminders. You should carry emergency contact numbers with you.
· Do not attempt to bring CBD oil, marijuana, or other prohibited substances into the UAE. Many prescriptions are restricted and must be approved in advance. Please review the UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention webpage for more guidance.
· Respect local laws and customs. Please review the “Local Laws & Special Circumstances” section of the UAE travel.state.gov webpage. The webpage also includes other helpful information for travel to the UAE, including COVID-19 related information.
· If you are traveling from UAE to Qatar, remember to have your Hayya card. Visit the Qatar travel.state.gov and U.S. Embassy Qatar webpages for general and cultural information.
· U.S. Embassy Abu Dhabi Embassies District, Plot 38, Sector W59-02, Street No. 4 +971 2 414 2200 firstname.lastname@example.org
· U.S. Consulate General Dubai Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed and Al Seef Streets +971 4 309 4000 email@example.com
· State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
You have received this message because you have registered with the U.S. Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). If you would like to unsubscribe or change your details in STEP, please go to https://step.state.gov/step/.