Plan Ahead – Scheduling Delays for Passport Renewal Services – U.S. Mission UAE
The U.S. Mission to the United Arab Emirates (U.S. Embassy Abu Dhabi and U.S. Consulate General Dubai) is experiencing significant demand for passport renewal services.
At this time, the earliest available appointments for passport renewal services are mid-April at both U.S. Embassy Abu Dhabi and U.S. Consulate General Dubai. (An additional 2-4 weeks are required to receive a passport after submitting an application.)
We urge eligible adult applicants to avoid scheduling delays and take advantage of our mail-in passport renewal service through Emirates Post.
We anticipate further demand as we approach the summer months and school breaks. We urge eligible Americans to take advantage of passport renewal by mail as soon as possible.
Eligibility for Passport Renewal by Mail:
You are eligible to renew your passport by mail if all of the following requirements apply:
- Your passport is not damaged and was issued within the last 15 years;
- You were at least 16 years old when your most recent passport was issued;
- The passport you are renewing was valid for a 10-year period; and
- The passport was issued in your current name. (If you have changed your name since your most recent passport was issued, you must submit legal documentation of your name change)
I am eligible to renew my passport by mail: Please follow the instructions outlined here to submit your renewal application.
I am not eligible to renew my passport by mail: If you are not able to renew your passport by mail, your application may require your personal appearance. Please visit our website or more information on scheduling an in-person appointment.
For urgent travel, please contact us at email@example.com (if in Abu Dhabi) or firstname.lastname@example.org (if in Dubai or the northern emirates).
- U.S. Embassy Abu Dhabi
Embassies District, Plot 38, Sector W59-02, Street No. 4
+971 2 414 2200
- U.S. Consulate General Dubai
Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed and Al Seef Streets
+971 4 309 4000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- UAE Country Information \
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter