Location: United Arab Emirates
Event: Quarantine Requirements for American Citizens in the UAE
During a period of increased international travel this holiday season, the U.S. Mission to the UAE reminds U.S. citizens in the United Arab Emirates that they are subject to the health and safety policies of the local government. Quarantine requirements for individuals exposed to COVID-19 or who test positive vary depending on the emirate. These requirements may include quarantine in a government-operated facility, private residence, or hotel. Furthermore, these quarantine requirements may apply to individuals who test positive at any point while present in the UAE, including individuals who test positive prior to a scheduled departure flight from the UAE to the United States. U.S. citizens may be required to pay all related quarantine costs, including flight disruptions. Additional information on quarantine rules can be found via UAE official sources.
Actions to Take:
- All U.S. citizens should enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the United Arab Emirates.
- Refer to our website for the latest Alerts and Messages for U.S. citizens.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information related to COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Abu Dhabi
Embassies District, Plot 38, Sector W59-02, Street No. 4
+971 2 414 2200
- U.S. Consulate General Dubai
Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed and Al Seef Streets
+971 4 309 4000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- UAE Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter