U.S. Embassy Abu Dhabi
Message for US Citizens: Consular Services in Al Ain
May 2, 2019
The American Citizen Services Unit at the U.S. Embassy in Abu Dhabi is coming to Al Ain city at the Aloft Al Ain Hotel (Address: Al Ain Square – Abu Dhabi – United Arab Emirates
Please pay special attention to the details below as you will need to print all forms in advance, make copies of citizenship documents and forms of identification being used in the application, and bring exact change to your appointment.
You may only sign up for one service per time slot (if you have two children who both need new passports then you need two time slots). Adults (anyone 18 years or over) who are using a form DS-82 passport renewal and have their previous passport issued to them as an adult do not need to make an appointment. You may just walk-in for this service.
The following information is provident to help you prepare for your appointment.
Passport applications/renewals requirements:
- Both parents present for applicants under 16 and at least one parent present for applicants who are 16 and 17
- A valid US passport for any applicant requesting a passport and valid identifications for any parents
iii. Original birth certificate for any applicant under 18
- A current 2”x2” photo on white background taken within the last six months, see link
- Passport applicants are encouraged to use the Department of State Passport Wizard tool to determine appropriate application form and fees. See Passport Wizard.
- Fees (must be cash with exact change)
- For anyone under 18: $115 or 424 AED—add $15 or 55 AED if they want a passport card as well
iii. For a first time adult passport: $145 or 534 AED —add $30 or 111 AED if they want a passport card as well
- Regular adult passport: $110 or 405 AED – add $30 or 111 AED if they want a passport card as well
- Applicants can keep their passports after applying, and the new passports should be ready within 2-3 weeks.
- Adults (anyone 18 years or over) who are using a form DS-82 passport renewal and have their previous passport issued to them as an adult do not need to make an appointment. For this service only they may walk in.
- For more information on passports Click here.
Notarial services and authentication requirements (open to all nationalities):
- View this Link for Notaries
- View this Link for authentications, which can only be done for signatures of officials from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- For more information please visit the frequently asked questions, we have more information HERE.
- Fees (must be cash with exact change): $50 or 184 AED per notary or authentication
|Please cancel your appointment on the Embassy/Consulate’s online appointment system (if any)|
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and United Arab Emirates Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in the United Arab Emirates located in the Embassies District area off of Airport Road, at +971-2-414-2200, 8:30am to 5:00 p.m. Sunday through Thursday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +971-2-414-2200.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook