Location: United Arab Emirates
Event: COVID-19 Green Pass System Introduced in Abu Dhabi
UAE authorities introduced a COVID-19 green pass system, the Al Hosn app, on June 15, 2021. It requires people to show their testing and vaccination status to enter public venues, including parks, malls, hotels, gyms, cafés, restaurants, supermarkets, and other public areas. The Al Hosn app also facilitates contact tracing intended to reduce the spread of the virus. Downloading such apps on your mobile device may present privacy and security risks. Individuals should consider protection of sensitive personal information before downloading tracking applications.
- Information on the Al Hosn app and how to download it is available
- Tourists and others who received vaccines outside of the UAE cannot upload their vaccine certificates in the Al Hosn app yet. Information on requesting a COVID-19 vaccine exemption is available here.
- Further information on the Al Hosn app is available at:
- Ministry of Health and Prevention – 800 111 11, firstname.lastname@example.org or https://www.mohap.gov.ae/
- Abu Dhabi Health Authority SEHA – 800 1717
- Al Hosn – 800 HOSN (4676) or email@example.com
- Weqaya – firstname.lastname@example.org or 056 3346740 (WhatsApp)
Actions to Take:
- All U.S. citizens should enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in XX.
- Refer to our websitefor the latest Alerts and Messages for U.S. citizens.
- Consult the CDC websitefor the most up-to-date information related to COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis pageon travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Abu Dhabi
Embassies District, Plot 38, Sector W59-02, Street No. 4
+971 2 414 2200
- U.S. Consulate General Dubai
Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed and Al Seef Streets
+971 4 309 4000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- UAE Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter