May 11, 2020
Events: Abu Dhabi implements movement permit system: There are media reports the Abu Dhabi police will provide move permits for residents to leave their homes to buy essential items or visit a hospital or pharmacy during the National Disinfection Program, which runs from 10 pm to 6 am. Abu Dhabi residents may request a permit at https://www.adpolice.gov.ae/en/pages/home.aspx
Limited flight options to the U.S.: There will be non-stop flights on Etihad Airways from Abu Dhabi to New York and Chicago departing on May 15. Book online on the Etihad website to make your reservation.
Emirates and Etihad airlines continue to operate a limited number of departing passenger flights. The U.S. government has no plans to organize repatriation flights from the UAE to the United States. For additional information on flight options from the UAE to the United States click here. Passengers traveling to the U.S. via a transit stop must show their onward ticket to the U.S. in order to board aircraft in the UAE.
Etihad and Emirates announce limited inbound flights to the UAE: Etihad Airways and Emirates will operate limited one-way flights to Abu Dhabi and Dubai to enable UAE residents to return to the UAE from different parts of the world. UAE residents seeking to return need to request approval MoFAIC.gov.ae/en making a reservation. Residents who are approved to return to the UAE will receive a unique approval number which must be provided at the time of booking.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in STEP at https://step.state.gov to receive alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Confirm the validity of your travel documents, including passports and visas.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date COVID-19 information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the UAE.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Check with your airlines regarding information about your travel plans or restrictions.
- U.S. Embassy Abu Dhabi
Embassies District, Plot 38, Sector W59-02, Street No. 4
+971 2 414 2200
- U.S. Consulate General Dubai
Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed and Al Seef Streets
+971 4 309 4000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter