May 4, 2020
Sterilization Program Continues. The nation-wide sterilization program remains in effect from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am.
Limited flight options to the U.S. via Europe and Asia: Emirates and Etihad airlines continue to operate a limited number of departing passenger flights. Contact the airlines directly to make your reservation. The U.S. government has no plans to organize repatriation flights from the UAE to the United States. For additional information on flight options from the UAE to the United States click here. Passengers traveling to the U.S. via a transit stop must show their onward ticket to the U.S. in order to board aircraft in the UAE.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in STEP at https://step.state.gov to receive alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Confirm the validity of your travel documents, including passports and visas.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date COVID-19 information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the UAE.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Check with your airlines regarding information about your travel plans or restrictions.
U.S. citizens looking for options to return to the U.S. can email American Citizen Services at AbuDhabiACS@state.gov (for Abu Dhabi) or DubaiACS@state.gov (for Dubai and other emirates) or call the U.S. Department of State Repatriation Task Force at +1-888-407-4747 from the U.S. and Canada or +1-202-501-4444 from overseas.
- U.S. Embassy Abu Dhabi
Embassies District, Plot 38, Sector W59-02, Street No. 4
+971 2 414 2200
- U.S. Consulate General Dubai
Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed and Al Seef Streets
+971 4 309 4000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter