NEW APRIL 18 FLIGHT OPTION FROM DUBAI TO CHICAGO: Emirates Airline will fly a non-stop flight from Dubai to Chicago on Saturday, April 18. The flight is EK235 and is scheduled to depart Dubai at 7:25am. Please contact Emirates directly to make your reservation. At this time, EK235 is the only direct flight available from the UAE to the United States.
Etihad Airways also has special passenger flights. These flights from Abu Dhabi to Europe and Asia are available for booking through etihad.com, the mobile app, by calling the Etihad Airways Contact Centre at +971 600 555 666 (UAE), or through a local or online travel agency.
For additional information and FAQs on flight options from the UAE to the United States, click here.
The U.S. Embassy and Consulate have no plans to arrange repatriation flights to the U.S. Passengers traveling to the U.S. via a transit stop must show their onward ticket to the U.S. in order to board aircraft in the UAE. You do not need a letter from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the UAE or a letter from authorities of the country you will transit to make your reservation. The U.S. Embassy and Consulate cannot assist with contacting airlines, arranging onward travel, or negotiating the use of funds from any pre-existing itineraries. If booking tickets by phone, state clearly that you are transiting and that your destination is the United States.
Passport Processing. Passport processing centers in the U.S. have limited passport operations due to COVID-19. If you previously applied for a passport or citizenship service, expect significant delays. U.S. citizens with expired passports who wish to depart the UAE or families with newborn U.S. citizens without passports should contact AbuDhabiACS@state.gov or DubaiACS@state.gov to apply for an emergency passport. We will schedule normal passport appointments when the passport processing centers reopen. Please email AbuDhabiACS@state.gov or DubaiACS@state.gov for an appointment.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the STEP program at https://step.state.gov/ to receive alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Encourage other U.S. citizens to enroll in the STEP
- Confirm the validity of your travel documents, including passports and visas.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date COVID-19 information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations .
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the UAE.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Check with your airlines regarding information about your travel plans or restrictions
U.S. citizens looking for options to return to the U.S. can email American Citizen Services at firstname.lastname@example.org (for Abu Dhabi) or email@example.com (forDubai and other emirates) or call the U.S. Department of State Repatriation Task Force at 1-888-407-4747 from the U.S. and Canada or +1-202-501-4444 from overseas.
U.S. Embassy Abu Dhabi
Embassies District, Plot 38, Sector W59-02, Street No. 4
+971 2 414 2200
U.S. Consulate General Dubai
Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed and Al Seef Streets
+971 4 309 4000
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook , and Twitter