April 4, 2020
Location: Throughout the United Arab Emirates
The U.S. Mission to the UAE is sending a daily update to ensure all U.S. citizens in the UAE have the latest information about COVID-19 and local conditions.
Event: According to media reports, beginning April 6 Emirates and Etihad Airlines will fly a limited number of outbound-only passenger flights from Dubai and Abu Dhabi airports. Destinations announced include London Heathrow, Frankfurt, Paris, Brussels and Zurich. U.S. citizens and U.S. Legal Permanent Residents in the UAE wishing to depart forthe United States are strongly encouraged to make reservations on these flights and make connecting reservations to the United States.
UAE authorities on April 3 announced the extension of the UAE initiative to disinfect public facilities and roads. From 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily, public transport will be shut down and movement restricted.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the STEP program at https://step.state.gov/ to receive alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Encourage other U.S. citizens to enroll in the STEP program.
- Confirm the validity of your travel documents, including passports and visas.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date COVID-19 information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the UAE.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. citizens looking for options to return to the United States can email American Citizen Services at email@example.com (for Abu Dhabi) or firstname.lastname@example.org (for Dubai and other emirates) or call the U.S. Department of State Repatriation Task Force at 1-888-407-4747 from the U.S. and Canada or +1-202-501-4444 from overseas.
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security and health updates.
- U.S. Embassy Abu Dhabi
Embassies District, Plot 38, Sector W59-02, Street No. 4
+971 2 414 2200
- U.S. Consulate General Dubai
Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed and Al Seef Streets
+971 4 309 4000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- UAE Country Information
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter