The Fulbright Visiting Scholar Award provides an opportunity for post-doctoral scholars to begin a program of research or teaching at an accredited university, or a public or private, non-profit research institute in the United States. The scholar must hold a doctorate degree or equivalent professional qualification and will spend between three to ten months conducting research and/or teaching at a university in the United States. The application requires that the scholar develop a theoretically-sound, well-written, and feasible proposal that demonstrates a commitment to cross-cultural understanding and exchange. Applicants must arrange their own institutional affiliation. Applications are due on January 15 every year.
- Applicants must be UAE nationals and residing in UAE during the application process. Candidates who received a Fulbright Scholarship in the past are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be full-time academic faculty members of a UAE university (public or private)
- PhD is required.
- Applicants must present a personal statement with their application (two-page maximum) and must arrange their own institutional affiliation.
- Fulbright candidates must meet the language requirements necessary for their proposed study, research or teaching assignment. English Proficiency is required – TOEFL or IELTS might be requested.
- Applicants must obtain three academic letters of references in English from their academic institution.
- Applicants must secure an affiliation letter from an American host institution.
- Candidates selected for the grant will be required to submit a Medical History and Examination Report before the grant can be activated.
To learn more and to apply for the 2023-2024 program please visit the following link: