This program is a fully funded 10-month opportunity for early‐career educators, recent graduates, and those with a strong interest in teaching to refine their teaching skills, increase their English language proficiency and extend their knowledge of the cultures and customs of the United States while strengthening the instruction of foreign languages at U.S. colleges and universities. The FLTA program supports UAE nationals who are interested in teaching the Arabic language and in spreading awareness and appreciation for UAE heritage among U.S. undergraduate students. Applications are due on August 31 every year.
- Applicants should be in their final year at university, recent graduates, or early‐career educators.
- Applicants should have a strong interest in teaching.
- Applicants must be enthusiastic about teaching the Arabic language and UAE culture to U.S. students.
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership skills & independence.
- Applicants should have the ability to motivate Arabic language learners.
- Applicants should be fluent in English, with a TOEFL score no less than 550, a 79-80 TOEFL IBT score, or a 6.0 IELTS score.
Applications for the 2023-2024 program are now open through the following link: https://apply.iie.org/flta2023
Please visit the following link for more information: https://foreign.fulbrightonline.org/about/fulbright-flta