NO PHOTOGRAPHY PERMITTED OF THE U.S. CONSULATE OR IN ITS VICINITY
Visas Services in Dubai
The U.S. Consulate General in Dubai provides nonimmigrant services to citizens and residents of Dubai, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah, Fujairah, Ajman, and Umm al Quwain and certain citizens of Iran. To schedule an interview, please go to The Official Visa Information and Appointment system for the Embassy of the United States in United Arab Emirates.
For questions related to visa and consular issues at the Consulate General in Dubai, please review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) here. If your inquiry is not answered by the FAQs then send an email via VARS. If your question is addressed in one of the FAQs, we will not respond to your email.
Appointment system for Iranian UAE residents
All Iranian citizens that have valid UAE residency permits and Emirates ID cards who qualify for appointments are required to follow the procedure mentioned in the web link listed below in order to request an appointment.
Lost/Stolen Green Cards
If your Green Card has been lost or stolen, the U.S. Consulate may be able to issue you a Boarding Foil, so that you may travel back to the United States to apply for a new Green Card with the Department of Homeland Security. Please follow these instructions:
- Please make an online appointment for “US Lawful Permanent Residents” “Boarding Foil,”
- Fill out Form I-90 (PDF 472 KB),
- One photograph 2 inches by 2 inches on a white background,
- Original valid passport,
- Convincing evidence of status as a Legal Permanent Residence (copy of valid Green Card, DHS stamps in passport, etc.), and
- Convincing evidence that you have been out of the U.S. for less than one year (DHS stamps, airline ticket stubs, etc.)
Note that this process will take at least one week.
If you do not provide convincing evidence of your current LPR status or you have been absent from the U.S. more than one year, we will not be able to issue a Boarding Foil.