Lost/Stolen Green Cards

If your Green Card has been lost or stolen, the U.S. Consulate may be able to issue you a Boarding Foil, so that you may travel back to the United States to apply for a new Green Card with the Department of Homeland Security. Please follow these instructions:

  1. Please make an online appointment for “notary/other”,
  2. Fill out Form I-90 (PDF 472 KB),
  3. One photograph 2 inches by 2 inches on a white background,
  4. Original valid passport,
  5. Convincing evidence of status as a Legal Permanent Residence (copy of valid Green Card, DHS stamps in passport, etc.), and
  6. Convincing evidence that you have been out of the U.S. for less than one year (DHS stamps, airline ticket stubs, etc.)

Note that this process will take at least one week.

If you do not provide convincing evidence of your current LPR status or you have been absent from the U.S. more than one year, we will not be able to issue a Boarding Foil.  You will need either to have a new Immigrant Visa petition filed on your behalf or file a petition for a Returning Resident Visa at our Embassy in Abu Dhabi. If the latter, you will need to provide extremely convincing evidence that the reason for your absence from the U.S. for more than one year was beyond your control. Please contact the Embassy at http://www.abudhabiivo.net/contactus.aspx.