Hubert H. Humphrey Program Fellowship
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship is one of the flagship exchange programs offered by the United States Department of State worldwide. This Program is a Fulbright exchange activity. Its primary funding is provided by the U.S. Congress through the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State. Co-sponsors include other governmental agencies, multinational organizations, and private donors. The Institute of International Education (IIE) assists the U.S. Department of State in administering the Humphrey Fellowship Program.
The Humphrey Fellowship Program provides a year of professional enrichment in the United States for experienced professionals. It provides ten months of non-degree academic study, leadership development and related professional experiences and collaboration with U.S. counterparts.
The U.S. Embassy in Abu Dhabi and the U.S. Consulate General in Dubai have invited UAE citizens to apply for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program for the 2020-2021 academic year. The application deadline is Sunday, September 15, 2019.
- Why Choose the Humphrey program? The program focuses on strengthening participants’ leadership skills through a mutual exchange of knowledge and understanding about issues of common concern in the U.S. and Fellows’ home countries. As a non-degree program, the Fellowship offers valuable opportunities for professional development through selected university courses, attending conferences, networking, and practical work experiences.
- Eligibility: To be eligible, an applicant must fit the following criteria: o An undergraduate (first university or Bachelor’s) degree, a minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience, limited or no prior experience in the United States, demonstrated leadership qualities, a record of public service in the community, and English language ability.
- Program Fields: Applicants must select a program field when applying which fall underneath one of the four categories of sustainable development, institution building, education, and public health. For example:
- Sustainable Development: Agricultural and Rural Development; Economic Development; Finance and Banking; Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change; Urban and Regional Planning
- Institution Building: Communications/Journalism; Law and Human Rights; Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration; Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention; Technology Policy and Management; Human Resource Management
- Education: Educational Administration, Planning and Policy; Higher Education
- Administration: Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Public Health: Public Health Policy and Management; HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention, Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- The Fellowship provides for:
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university
- Pre-academic English language training, if required
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance
- Accident and sickness coverage
- A book allowance
- A one-time computer subsidy
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the Program and domestic travel to required program events)
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits, and conferences
For any further questions please visit the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program’s website at https://www.humphreyfellowship.org/
To submit application https://apply.iie.org/huberthhumphrey.
Point of contact at the U.S. Embassy in Abu Dhabi Jinan Jarrah: email@example.com Phone: +971 2 414 2310