The Embassy of the United States in the United Arab Emirates is pleased to announce the opening of the Fulbright Foreign Student Program application process for 2021-2023. This academic exchange program is funded by the U.S. Department of State. It was initiated by U.S. Senator William J. Fulbright in 1946 to increase international educational exchange between Americans and citizens of more than 150 countries worldwide.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program provides Emirati students and young professionals the opportunity to pursue graduate-level study in the U.S. The award includes funding for tuition and required fees; a book, equipment, and travel allowance; a monthly stipend for room and board; and a supplemental health and accident coverage plan. Please note that applicants may apply in most fields of study, including humanities, social science, science, technology, and engineering. However, master’s programs related to clinical studies, such as medicine and nursing, are not permitted.
In addition to academic training, Fulbright scholarships provide transformative cultural exchange experiences. As Fulbright participants, Emirati students will have the unique opportunity to experience life in the United States and to share their unique culture and traditions with Americans.
Prospective students may apply by following the online application instructions https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2021/
Program participants will be selected through a merit-based, open competition in which leadership potential, academic excellence, and ability to adjust to life in the U.S. are all considered.
- Be an Emirati citizen. U.S. citizens or green card holders are not eligible to apply.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution at the time of the program start date.
- Possess a strong academic background.
- Be proficient in English and/or able to attend a Long Term English (LTE) program prior to the start of the study program.
The application deadline is June 30, 2020.
* Preference will be given to students who have little or no previous experience studying or living in the United States. Those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For further information please visit https://www.amideast.org/uae/find-a-scholarship/graduate-study or contact Ms. Ruthie Ostah on : ROstahJenner@amideast.org